[Pollinator] "Flight of the Butterflies 3D" open on Friday at the National Museum of Natural History

Krupnick, Gary KRUPNICK at si.edu
Thu Oct 11 13:33:28 PDT 2012

For those attending the NAPPC conference next week in Washington DC, I urge you to make time before or after the conference and visit the National Museum of Natural History to see "Flight of the Butterflies 3D" which just opened at our IMAX theater. I saw it last week and could not say enough good things about this fantastic movie.
Flight of the Butterflies 3D
Runtime: 44 minutes
MPAA Rating: G
The monarch butterfly is a true marvel of nature. Weighing less than a penny, it makes one of the longest migrations on Earth across a continent to a place it has never known. Follow the monarchs' perilous journey and experience millions of them in the remote mountain peaks of Mexico, with breathtaking cinematography from an award winning team including Oscar(r) winner Peter Parks. Be captivated by the true and compelling story of an intrepid scientist's 40-year search to find their secret hideaway. Unravel the mysteries and experience the Flight of the Butterflies.

Flight of the Butterflies 3D is showing through November 30 at the National Museum of Natural History's Johnson IMAX Theater.
Visit www.si.edu/Imax/Movie/71<http://www.si.edu/Imax/Movie/71> to view the film's trailer.

-Gary Krupnick

Gary Krupnick, Ph.D.
Head of the Plant Conservation Unit