[Pollinator] Pollination exclusion cages

Kit Prendergast kitprendergast21 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 16:47:16 PDT 2024

Hi Beeple,
I'm conducting research an canola pollination (as a postdoc at University
of Southern Queensland) and need to set up hundreds of approx. 1m long x 1m
wide x 1.5m high cages over canola to exclude any pollinating insects. I've
been searching google relentlessly and all I can find are either
ridiculously expensive ones from Australian Entomological Supplies; cages
that say 'exclude insects' but have mesh sizes 5mm; or are too small. I
also tried engineering one myself but it ended up being quite expensive. I
was wondering if you have ever used any, and if so where you go them
from/how you created them please?
Sincerely,
Kit

--
Dr Kit Prendergast
Native bee scientist, conservation biologist and zoologist